It's August. I live in Georgia. It's hot.
I've been playing around a lot lately with infusing water and it's kinda become my latest addiction. I love how the chilled water highlights the fresh garden herbs and fruits. With flavors like watermelon basil and pineapple sage, who can resist?
Here's how I made it happen.
1. Start with 1 quart (32 oz.) of cold distilled water
2. Puree 1 cup of your favorite summer fruit. (You must, must, must puree. It's key, I promise.)
3. Add pureed fruit and fresh herbs (about 10-12 sprigs) to cold water and mix well.
4. Refrigerate mixture for at least 24 hours.
5. Pour mixture through a strainer and discard pulp and herbs.
6. Chill and serve.
The next creation on my list is blueberry mint. What summer flavors do you think make the perfect pair?