How many of you are ready for a change of pace in 2013 and already making changes towards healthier living? The holidays took their toll on me and my entire family. Weight gain, flu, sniffles and plain old exhaustion just to name a few! I've never experienced the flu before but let me tell you friends, it is not fun. This weekend I tried my first ever detox bath out of pure desperation and while I'm more of a shower type of girl, this recipe may have me converted. Detox baths have so many health benefits and release toxins from the body using natural minerals and ingredients. Their known to relieve sore muscles, clear acne, increase weight loss, improve circulation and the overall immune system. Once I took my own detox bath using the recipe above, I felt relaxed, my muscles felt better and my skin softened. I was SO relaxed afterwards that all I wanted to do was crawl up in bed so I recommend detox bathing just before bedtime! Want to try for yourself? Here are some tips:
- Make the water as hot as you can stand it. You want to sweat!!!
- Detox bathing is intense with lots of sweating and increased heartbeat. Focus on your breathing.
- Avoid soaps, shampoos and lotions during and after detox bathing. Many contain chemicals which will only be absorbed through the pores.
- Use extreme caution when getting out of the bath. It is normal to feel dizzy and lightheaded after a detox bath.
- Avoid eating just before or after the detox bath.
- Drink lots of water after your bath and allow time to rest.
- Always consult a health professional prior to any type of detox if you have health issues, particularly high blood pressure.