I took some time yesterday to make one of my favorite desserts, grasshopper pie. Anything with mint and chocolate and I'm sold! This pie is one you can make in advance and serve right from the freezer. Doesn't get much easier than that, right? My guess is the little leprechauns will love getting their hands on this pie.
***** Grasshopper Icebox Pie*****
// Ingredients //
22 Chocolate sandwich cookies (I like OREO), crushed
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 (7 oz.) jar of marshmallow fluff
1/3 cup Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla Milk
1 tablespoon Creme de Menthe
2 drops green food coloring
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
15 Andes candies for decorating
// Instructions //
1. In a 9 inch tart pan, combine crushed chocolate cookies and melted butter. Press down into the bottom of the pan and up the sides using the back of a spoon. Set aside.
2. Over low heat, combine marshmallow fluff and almond milk, stirring constantly until combined. Once combined, place saucepan in a bowl of ice and let completely cool. Once cool, add creme de menthe and food coloring and stir.
3. In a mixing bowl, beat heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Then pour marshmallow mix into whipping cream and fold together gently.
4. Pour filling into chocolate crust, cover with saran wrap and place in freezer for at least 3 hours.
5. When ready to serve, remove pie from freezer, garnish with chopped Andes candies and serve immediately.
I served my pie with a glass of Almond Breeze milk, garnished with a drop of green food coloring and fresh mint!
*photo and styling by Amy Mikkelsen
** This post is sponsored by Almond Breeze Almond Milk. I received free samples and monetary compensation in exchange for this post. All monies are invested back into my blog so I can continue bringing you exceptional content.