Apple Cider & Pecan Pork Tenderloin
This time of year always make me crave heartier meals and this apple cider pecan pork tenderloin is my latest creation. The meat will absolutely melt in your mouth and the flavor combination of the apple cider and pecans is pretty indulgent. The cider gives the pork a nice sweet flavor while the pecans boast a nice roasted flavor. It's a low maintenance kinda meal that can be prepared in advance and ready in less than 45 minutes. The only catch is you have to marinate the tenderloin overnight. A little advanced planning makes this meal a real keeper. Here's how you can make it happen.
*****Apple Cider & Pecan Pork Tenderloin******************************************
// Ingredients //
Pork Tenderloin, 1-2 lbs.
2 cups unsalted pecans
1 tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1 cup apple cider
2 eggs, whisked
1/2 cup flour
// Instructions //
1. Place tenderloin and 1 cup apple cider in a large zip lock bag and marinate in the refrigerator overnight or for at least 8 hours.
2. When ready to prepare pork, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Prepare your pecan crust by combining pecans, rosemary and salt in a zip top back. Seal the bag and crush mixture using a kitchen mallet. I like to do this step on a large wooden cutting board to protect my counter tops.
4. Next, prepare three bowls for dredging and dipping. In one bowl, place 1/2 cup flour. In another, 2 whisked eggs. In the last bowl, place your pecan mixture.
5. Dip pork tenderloin in flour and coat completely; then shake off excess. Next dip into egg mixture and shake off excess. Finally roll the tenderloin in the pecan mixture being sure to coat evenly.
6. Spray large baking dish with cooking spray. Place tenderloin in baking dish. Then cook for 35 minutes or until the pork reaches 150 degrees. Once removed from the oven, allow the pork to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
Serve and enjoy!