You know what's awesome? When you eat a bunch of kale for dinner, go to yoga class and then come home and eat a bowl of ice cream with your husband. I may or may not have done that last night.
Okay folks, this recipe has been floating around for a while now and I finally gave it a try earlier this summer and wow, was I surprised! Let me echo her sentiments by stating that kale chips are no where near as yummy as these but they're a whole lot healthier and still pretty tasty (and quite addictive!)
Here's what you need to get started:
1 bunch kale leaves
1 tbsp. olive oil
pinch of sea salt
pepper to taste
*1 tbsp. vinegar optional
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Clean the kale and pat dry
3. Remove the kale leaves from their stalks and tear into bite size pieces (about the size of a large potato chip.) Place kale pieces on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper and any other seasonings you may want to add. Be creative here! Toss the leaves to make sure they're coated thoroughly and then arrange them in a single layer on the baking sheet.
4. Bake kale chips for about 7-8 minutes.
5. Let them cool and snack away!