Still riding the wave of vacation, I knew this was a must for this weeks menu. The result was nothing short of delicious. The ingredients are a simple mix that highlights the shrimp and linguine nicely. I paired mine with a chilled white wine and was right back on those white sandy beaches of the Gulf.
Shrimp Destin Linguine (adapted from here)
8 oz. linguine
1/2 lb unpeeled, large raw shrimp
1/4 cup butter
1/4 olive oil
1/4 cup chopped green onions
2 garlic cloves minced
1 tbs. dry white wine
2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground pepper
1 tbsp. chopped fresh dill
1 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
1. Leaving tails on, peel and devein shrimp. Set aside.
2. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
3. While the pasta cooks, melt butter with oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add green onions and garlic. Saute for 4-5 minutes until onions are tender.
4. Add shrimp, wine, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Saute for 3-5 minutes or just until the shrimp turn pink. Then add dill and parsley.
6. Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon and set aside on a plate. Reserve the sauce in the skillet.
7. Add hot, cooked pasta to sauce, tossing to coat. Serve the pasta and top with cooked shrimp.
* My notes: I like to set aside extra dill, parsley and green onion for garnishing at the end. It adds a nice bright green color to the dish that is lost during the cooking process.